With the summer vacation comes amazing beach experiences, sunshine, and for many people, the urgent need to eliminate any unwanted hair that could have accumulated during the winter season, before wearing our swimsuits.
And while some people are comfortable with shaving their hair using razors, many ladies love the excellent results they get with bikini waxing (plus the fact that they will stay hairless for a more extended period).
Whether you are a regular wax goer or thinking about trying your bikini waxing ahead of the summer season, this post will provide tips and tricks that keep your hair-free throughout the hot season.
How to Prepare Yourself for Bikini Waxing
Before you book any bikini waxing appointment, specific pre-waxing rules must be followed to ensure that you achieve desired results without too much pain. Fortunately, this post will explain step by step basics of bikini waxing that you need to know ahead of the summer season.
1. Pre-appointment Preparations
After you book your initial bikini waxing appointment, some surefire tips will make the process as painless and smooth as possible. Experts argue that you should exfoliate daily to reduce the ingrown hairs.
Your hair should be at least a quarter-inch for the wax to stick to the hair and leave the bikini area clean once it is ripped off.
2. Be Mentally Prepared
Brace yourself: The initial bikini waxing is the most painful since the hair is deeply rooted in your skin. The good news? As soon as you get through the first one, the subsequent bikini waxing sessions will be smooth and painless.
3. Plan to be Waxing for the long haul
The most crucial part of opting to get a bikini waxing for the first time is concentrating on getting them regularly, with no trimming or shaving of hair in between. Depending on how quickly your hair grows, bikini waxing experts recommend that you schedule your appointments every four to six weeks.
4. Morning of the Bikini Waxing Appointment
To help reduce the pain, you should take painkillers some hours before your bikini waxing appointment. Or take whatever you make more calm and relaxed. Ladies should also avoid booking their bikini waxing appointment three to four days before their menstrual period starts since their skin is more sensitive at that time.
Bikini Wax vs. Brazilian Wax: What’s the difference?
Bikini wax involves removing unwanted hair along the panty line. It ensures that all the hair along the bikini line is removed to give you a nude feel.
On the flip side, a Brazilian wax eliminates all the unwanted hair from the frontal side of your bikini and then returns way back. It removes all the hair on the front, back, and sides to make sure that you remain hairless throughout your summer vacation. This is great for those who want to a nude feel and with no hair down there.
Brazilian Wax Etiquette: How to Make Your Waxing Fun and Enjoyable
Ladies, unless you are crazy, avoid booking your bikini waxing around your periods.
Let’s face it !!
Getting your first bikini wax is not a walk in the park for most people. That said, a bikini wax is a more effective method of removing unwanted hair than shaving, since its smoothness lasts for more than three weeks, making it a preferable choice for summer vacation months. Here is some Brazilian wax etiquette that will help you make most of your waxing appointments:
- Make sure that your hair is about ¼ inches long before scheduling an appointment.
- Determine the style of waxing you want beforehand before your appointment.
- Avoid scheduling your waxing three days before your periods.
- Make sure that you take a warm shower before going for your waxing appointment.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes during your waxing appointment.
- Take painkillers like ibuprofen to help reduce the pain.
After Waxing Care Tips: Things To Avoid After Bikini Wax Appointment
- Don’t schedule your bikini waxing without reading this post first.
- Stay indoors and avoid the direct UV rays from the sun because they can cause hyper-pigmentation.
- Dermatologists recommend that you avoid swimming or sauna for several days after waxing.
- Avoid over-exfoliation as this can lead to skin damage.
- Stick with fragrance-free products for several days after waxing.
- Avoid high-intensity workouts such as cycling, running, or aerobics, which can cause friction in waxed areas.
Bikini waxing is designed to remove any unwanted hair from the bikini region. If you want excellent results out of your waxing efforts, then you should hire an experienced bikini waxing expert near you today.